Wellness is a framework that can be used in many ways to help us organize, understand, and balance our own human growth and development. Everything we do, every decision we make, every thought we think, and every attitude and belief we hold fits into this framework made up of six basic concepts.
1. Social Wellness involves developing friendships, healthy sexual behaviors, the ability to interact comfortably with others and generally works for harmony in personal and community environments.
- A direction in which by its nature, moves us toward a more proactive, responsible and healthier existence.
- The integration of the body, mind, and spirit.
- The loving acceptance of ourselves today and the exciting free search for who we choose to become tomorrow.
- Choice living; a compilation of the daily decisions we make that lead us to that person we choose to become.